Don't Overfill Your "Carb Bucket"
SO HOW DO I KEEP MY “CARB TANK” FROM OVERFLOWING INTO FAT STORAGE?
Follow the “Carb:Protein Ratio Rule” Whenever you eat (meals or snacks) keep your carb intake to below 30 grams and eat 10g. or more of protein.
THE “CARB:PROTEIN RATIO RULE” KEEPS THE “INSULIN AMBULANCE” AWAY! Whenever you eat carbs, your blood vessels get filled with sugar molecules. If you eat too many carbs at once, the sugar molecules crowd your vessels, acting as little enemies, threatening to damage your blood vessels! Your body has a “built-in ambulance” that comes to the rescue evacuate the your over-crowded vessels. There’s one problem with that ambulance; it’s a double-edged sword.
THE “INSULIN AMBULANCE” IS A FAT-PRODUCING HORMONE; when it carries away all those sugar molecules, has to take them somewhere and do something with them! So. . . . your ambulance converts the sugar molecules to FAT!!! Moral of the story: by following the Carb:Protein Ratio Rule, your ambulance doesn’t have to come to the rescue. Your body can simply keep convert the sugar molecules into energy NOT fat (as long as you don’t eat more than 30 grams of carbs at a time, and add 10 grams of protein to it.)
- Do a Cleanse program before trying to lose weight because your liver, kidneys, and colon are your toxin filters. When they’re full, your metabolism won’t function correctly. If you need a gentle, uneventful, but very effective cleanse (the one I used – it worked great) go to http://www.joinemily.com/ and under “wellness” products, look at the “Peaches and Cream Herbal Cleanse.”
- Use a smaller plate; today’s dinner plate was considered at platter in the 1960’s. When we use today’s plates, we feel like we need to fill them to the brim.
- Eat 6 smaller meals throughout the day every 3 hours or so. This will keep those blood vessels from being overcrowded with sugar molecules and keep the “insulin ambulance” at bay.
- Always eat a combination of less than 30 grams carbs and at least 10 grams protein.
- Strive to eat a large portion of veggies with every feeding.
- Drink 8 glasses of water and avoid soda.
- Avoid all over-processed/refined foods like white bread, Doritos, cookies, fried foods.
- Consume adequate healthy fats (olive oil, almonds, seeds, avocado)
- Eat more fibrous fruits like apples, grapefruit and berries.
- Eat clean proteins like eggs, chicken, tuna, and salmon.
- Eat complex carbs like brown rice, hummus, and oatmeal.
BREAKFAST BANANAS –
1 banana split in half
2 Tbs. Natural (non-hydrogenated) Peanut Butter
1 Dallop Vanilla Greek Yogurt
2 Tbs. lowfat granola
Dash of cinnamon
Cut banana lengthwise, spread peanut butter on it, add Greek yogurt, granola and cinnamon.
1 carton eggwhites or 12 eggwhites
¼ small chopped onion
1 small chopped tomato
1 C. lowfat shredded cheddar cheese
1 C. chopped deli shaved turkey
Cook all together: eggs, onion, then add tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese
BEAN AND HAM SOUP
2 C. Ham
1 chopped onion
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 16 oz. container Pace Picante Sauce
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
3 cans drained beans
4 C. water
3 beef bullion cubes
1 tsp. thyme
Combine and cook!
WHITE CHOCOLATE PARFAIT
½ c. lowfat crunchy whole grain cereal (I like Kashi)
Dallop strawberry preserves (100% fruit)
1 ¾ c. nonfat milk
1 pkg. sugar free white chocolate pudding
Prepare pudding. Top with cereal and preserves.
Several Food Combo Choices that properly combine less than 30 grams carbs & more than 10 g. protein
- Costco Greek Yogurt with ¼ Sliced Almonds
- 1 apple sliced with 2 tsp. Natural Peanut Butter
- Celery Sticks & Peanut Butter
- Carrot Salad: 1 can Tuna, chopped celery, lowfat mayo, shredded carrots, Chinese noodles (look at food label to make sure you don’t go over 30 grams carbs)
- Cottage Cheese & rinsed fruit cocktail (to get sugar syrup off) – check label to see how much fruit you can have for 30 grams of carbs)
- Chicken Salad Sandwich: Thinly chopped Rotisserie Chicken mixed with lowfat Miracle whip on a 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin or Bagel Thin. Could add Lettuce etc.
- Tuna Salad Sandwich with Lowfat Miracle Whip
- Chicken salad w/ grapes - Sandwich: On a Sandwich Thin, spread the mixed: canned chicken, chopped celery, 1 lowfat String Cheese slicked thin, halved grapes, sun flower seeds (add p grams of protein in string cheese then add enough sunflower seeds to get to 10 grams protein.)
- Egg Salad Sandwich on Sandwich Thin
- Apple Salad: Chopped apples, chopped celery, peanuts, lowfat miracle whip. Heavy on the peanuts so you get 10 grams protein!
- Fruit salad with Walnuts (enough for 10 Grams protein!) For a “sweet dressing,” mix 1 Tbs. honey with a little bit of lemon juice & drizzle it over salad. Fruit ideas: oranges, apples, nectarines, thawed strawberries from freezer, Costco’s Frozen Berry Mix.
- Veggie Sticks with “Cottage Cheese Ranch” – blend Cottage Cheese until no longer lumpy, add Dry Ranch Seasoning to make it a “dip.” Be sure to have enough dip to be 10 grams protein! Boiled egg slices with broccoli flowerets, sunflower seeds and a little light Ranch dressing
- Turkey & Cheese Sandwich Thins: Oscar Meyer Mesquite “shaved” turkey, piece lowfat Sargento Cheddar Cheese, Lettuce, Miracle Whip, Mustard.
- Peanut butter & Honey Sandwich on Sandwich Thin
- Toasted Bagel Thin with Peanut Butter & No sugar added Jam
- Chef Salad – Lettuce, boiled egg, chopped deli turkey, sliced almonds, garbanzo beans, lowfat dressing
- Brown Rice & 2 Fried Eggs: 3 Cups Chicken Broth + 1 ½ C. Brown Rice. Boil broth, lower heat, add rice. COVER and cook 45 minutes, NO stirring. DO NOT take lid off. Fry eggs is small amount of smart balance
- Brown Rice Cakes with Peanut Butter & Low Sugar Jam or Honey
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich on 100% Whole Wheat Bread (2 pieces less than 30 Grams carbs), lowfat Sargento Cheddar Cheese (may have to add slices of deli shaved turkey or Ham to make sure your protein is over 10 grams) Could add mustard. Grill with Smart Balance. Could have Tomato Soup with it!
- Turkey & Cranberry Cream Cheese Tortilla Wrap with lettuce
- Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds – a “hint” of cocoa flavor! & an Apple
- Brown Rice Cake, 2 Tbs. lowfat Cream Cheese, 3 oz. Turkey
- Chicken Apple Salad: Lettuce, ¼ C. apple, 2 Tbs. sliced almonds, 4 oz. chicken
- Toasted mini bagel with peanut butter and honey
- Marinated Salmon or Halibut in marinade: 1/3 c. each of olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar & water. Add pinch of garlic and sea salt. Top w/ 1/3 C. chopped pecans & Broil 20 minutes (do not overcook!)