A lot of people ask, “Do I get to eat on the 24 Day Challenge?” The answer is a resounding YES!” In fact, it is the key to maximum success for anyone wanting to lose weight and keep it off! Eat 200-300 calories every 2-3 hours! But what should you be eating? Follow the “30:10 Rule” - keep your carbohydrate intake at 30 grams or less, and your protein intake to at least 10 grams. You do not have to eat carbohydrates, but you do have to eat at least 10 grams of protein at each meal/snack (every 2-3 hours).
ALL OF THE BELOW FOOD COMBOS FOLLOW THE 30:10 RULE
1. Baked Lays Potato Chips + 2 String Cheeses (sold at Costco) + 2 String Cheeses (sold at Costco)
2. Rice & Bean Snack Chips + Hummus - (sold at Costco)
3. Milk & Cookies! Back to Nature Dark Chocolate & Oat Cookies (sold at Costco) + a glass of 1% milk.
4. 10 Wheat Ritz Crackers + 2 Snack Sized Tillamook Cheeses (Snack Cheeses sold at Costco)
5. Light Muscle Milk & 100% Fruit Strip (it’s like fruit leather) (Both sold at Costco)
6. Multigrain Flax Chips (Costco) + Hummus (Costco) + Salsa
7. Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding + ¼ C. Dry Roasted Sunflower Seeds
8. V8 Juice (snack sized cans sold at Costco) + Boiled Egg
9. Bowl of Cereal: Kashi Puffed Cereal, Sliced Strawberries + Slivered Almonds + 1 Cup Milk
10. Apple Salad =1 chopped apple + 1 container Vanilla Greek Yogurt + ¼ C. Dry Roasted Peanuts
11. Veggies & Dip: Blend Cottage Cheese until smooth & add dry Ranch Dressing. Dip for snap peas, cucumbers, peppers, celery, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower etc. (time-saving tip: buy a pre-made veggie tray to keep at work/home to nibble on with your protein-packed “cottage cheese” Ranch Dip!) (Costco sells bags of snap peas, celery, baby peppers & cucumbers)
12. Fruit & Walnut Salad: Walnuts + sliced strawberries, grapes & pineapple tidbits (canned). Drizzle with mixture of a little lemon juice & honey! (Costco sells large bags of walnuts. Store them in your freezer to keep them from going rancid)
13. Homemade Trail Mix – Combine a box of Kashi-Go-Lean cereal, a container of dry roasted nuts,& a bag of dried fruit. Store in an airtight container, and scoop some into Ziplocs for very quick snacks!
14. 10 Lowfat Triscuits + Tuna (I pre-mix tuna in a Tupperware container w/ lowfat mayo & use Triscuits to scoop out some tuna for each cracker)
15. Greek Yogurt Container (Sold at Costco – very high in protein!)
16. Bagel Thin Sandwich (Bagel Thins sold at Costco) Pre-make your sandwich to take w/you to work etc. Add deli meat, lowfat Cream Cheese, veggies of your choice.
17. String Cheese + Piece of Fruit (for ex. Apple, banana, mango, orange, grapefruit, melon balls, pineapple, grapes, berries, pear, kiwi)
18. Apple + Natural Peanut Butter (Sold at Costco)
19. Beef Jerky + Fruit
20. 2 String Cheese + Dry Roasted Nuts (1/4 C. of . . . .cashews, almonds, peanuts, pistachios, walnuts, etc)
21. Brown Rice Cake + Lowfat Cream Cheese + Deli Turkey
22. Brown Rice Cake + Natural Peanut Butter + Low Sugar Jam
23. Cottage Cheese + 1 C. chopped fruit on top (pears, strawberries, pineapple tidbits)
24. Roast Beef Wrap w/ Horseradish Sauce (can add veggies if desired – use Carb Smart or wheat tortilla)
25. Cranberry Cream Cheese Turkey Wrap – Mix 1 can + 2 blocks lowfat cream cheese. Store leftovers in fridge. Spread it over wrap, top with deli turkey (tomatoes & lettuce optional)
26. Celery & Peanut Butter
27. Frozen Grapes + ¼ C. Nuts (wash & pull grapes off stems. Freeze them! Yum!)
28. Applesauce Cup + ¼ C. Walnuts
29. Glass of Milk + Quaker Granola Bar
30. Frozen Banana w/Nuts! Spread a little honey on the banana, roll in chopped walnuts, & freeze!
31. 100% Whole Fruit Frozen Popsicle + ¼ C. nuts
32. Freezer Meals: Choose from the following varieties: Must have 20 grams protein & less than 300 calories. Best choices are Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones, Kashi, & Healthy Choice.