Key West Chicken-Avocado Sandwiches
Key West Chicken-Avocado SandwichesDitch your old sandwich standby and pack a lunch with real flavor. Whole grains, healthy proteins, and tummy-trimming ingredients make this a healthy and filling meal.
• 1 c mashed Florida avocado (MUFA), about 1 med
• 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed limejuice (about 1/2 lime)
• 1/2 tsp green pepper sauce (we used Tabasco), optional
• 1 c baby spinach
• 10 oz grilled or roasted chicken breast, sliced (about 2 c)
• 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and sliced (about 1 c)
• 4 sm whole grain rolls (2 oz each), split
1. Combine avocado, lime juice, and green pepper sauce, if using, in small bowl. Spread top and bottom halves of rolls with 2 tablespoons each of the avocado-lime mixture.
2. Layer 1/4 cup of the spinach, one-quarter of the chicken, and 1/4 cup of the mango on bottom halves. Top with other halves of rolls.