Chicken Broccoli Cashew Stir-Fry
Chicken, Broccoli, and Cashew Stir-Fry
Stir-fry is fast, easy and delicious. We've turned ours into a tasty, nutty entrée perfect for poultry lovers.
• 3 c sm broccoli florets with short stems (about 1/2 lb crowns)
• 2 lg carrots, cut into thin diagonal slices (2 c)
• 5 oz soba noodles
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
• 3 lg cloves garlic, minced
• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced crosswise
• 1 Tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
• 3 med green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 c)
• 1/2 c chicken broth
• 1/2 c raw cashews (3 oz)
1. Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli, carrots, and noodles. Cover and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain, transfer to medium bowl, and cover loosely with wax paper.
2. Heat olive oil, ginger, and garlic in wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until garlic starts to turn golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Add scallions and stir-fry 1 minute.
3. Stir in noodles, veggies, and broth and heat through. Sprinkle each portion with 2 tablespoons of the cashews.