1/2 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup (3 ounces) elbow macaroni
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
1 can (15 1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn
Cook the beef in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Drain and return to the skillet.
Add the macaroni, tomatoes (with juice), and the liquid from the corn. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until the macaroni is al dente. Add the corn and heat through.
CROCKPOT TACO SOUP
1 pound ground turkey + 1 C. chopped onion BROWNED
Put it in your crockpot in the morning, then add:
1 can UNdrained kidney beans
1 can UNdrained black beans
2 cans drained corn
3 cans diced tomatoes (can be plain, or diced with chilis, or Mexican style diced tomatoes)
1 can sliced olives (optional)
1 package (1/3 c.) taco seasoning
1/3 C. dry ranch dressing
Turn the crockpot on low and let it go all day while you’re at work. Come home and enjoy!!!! Can top each bowl of taco soup with grated lowfat cheese, a few “crushed” corn chips, and lowfat sour cream.
*TIME TIP – Cook several pounds of Ground Turkey at once with a couple chopped onions mixed in with it. Store 2 cups’ worth in individual freezer Ziploc bags. Keep them in your freezer for future meals.
ENCHILADA LASAGNAMakes: 4 servings
1/2 lb. Ground Turkey- or lean ground beef
1-1/2 cups Reduced Fat Mexican Blend Four Cheese-Shredded
1 can Diced Tomatoes
1 cup Lowfat Cottage Cheese Blended to be smooth
1/2 cup Chopped Green Onions
2 tsp. Chili Powder
2 – Garlic Cloves
9 – Corn Tortillas
1 cup Old El Paso Medium Taco Sauce
1. Brown turkey in a nonstick skillet (about 5 minutes).
2. Once cooled, combine with cheese (reserving 1/2 cup), tomatoes, cottage cheese, onions, chili powder, and garlic in a large bowl, stirring well to mix.
3. Coat an 11" x 7" baking dish with cooking spray. Place three tortillas on bottom of pan, and top with one-half of turkey mixture. Add three more tortillas, and top with remaining turkey mixture. Place three more tortillas on top, pour taco sauce over top tortillas, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
4. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
CROCKPOT SALSA CHICKEN
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
24 oz Salsa
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 avacado, sliced
Place chicken, salsa and beans into crockpot. Cook on low for 2 hours. Serve with sliced avocado. Serve with Brown Rice: 3 Cups Chicken Broth + 1 ½ C. Brown Rice. Boil broth, lower heat, add rice. COVER and cook 45 minutes, NO stirring. DO NOT take lid off.
BEAN & HAM SOUP2 C. Ham, 1 chopped onion, ½ tsp. garlic salt, 1 16 oz. container Pace Picante Sauce, 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, 3 cans drained beans, 4 C. water, 3 beef bullion cubes, 1 tsp. thyme. Combine & cook!
BAKED SALMON served with brown rice & steamed broccoli
Makes: 4 servings
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbsp. Ground Flaxseed
1 – Garlic Clove
24 oz. Altantic Salmon Fillet
1 cup Cooked Brown Rice
Use four (4) 6-ounce salmon fillets.
1. In a baking dish, combine the oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, flaxseed and garlic. Add the fish, coat well, cover, and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat your oven to 450º F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray. Remove the fish from the marinade, and place the fish skin side down on the baking sheet.
3. Bake for 9-12 minutes. Serve with a green vegetable and rice.
4. Freeze the leftovers and save $5 by taking them for lunch.
MEAT LOVERS' MEAT LOAF Makes: 4 servings
1/2 lb. Ground Turkey-7% Fat
1/2 lb. Beef Sirloin Ground Extra Lean-Raw
2 – Large Eggs
24 – Whole Wheat Crackers
3/4 cup Chopped White Onion
1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
2 – Garlic Cloves
1/2 tsp. Oregano
1. Crush the wheat crackers and mix the beef and turkey until well blended. Add the eggs. Mix in the remaining ingredients, including the half cup of barbecue sauce, until well blended.
2. Form the meat mixture into a loaf shape and place it on a broiler pan. Coat it with extra barbecue sauce.
3. Cook at 350°F for 1 hour.
FUAX FRIED CHICKENMakes: 2 servings
1 cup Post Bran Flakes Cereal
1 – Large Egg
1 dash Tabasco Sauce
2 – Skinless Chicken Breasts
Put cereal in a zip-top bag, seal, and pound it. In a large bowl, wisk egg and desired amount of hot sauce together. Dip boneless/skinless chicken breast in egg mixture, then roll in crushed cereal. Bake in oven preheated to 350º F for 20 minutes
CHICKEN CROOCKPOT DINNER
4 potatoes, cut into chunks
4 carrots, sliced
1 onion, chopped
4 cabbage wedges
1 can cream of mushroom soup
½ cup water
4 raw chicken breasts (if frozen, thaw in microwave, but don’t cook them)
Step 1: Layer vegetables (potatoes, carrots, onion, cabbage) in bottom of crockpot.
Step 2: In small bowl, mix together can of cream of chicken soup and the ½ cup water. Add 1 tsp. salt & ½ tsp. pepper and mix.
Step 3: Spoon half of mixture over vegetables.
Step 4: Place raw chicken over soup and vegetables.
Step 5: Add remaining soup mixture.
Step 6: Cook on low for 7 – 8 hours.
FISH STICKS- Cut fish filets (tilapia, sole, or other white mild fish) into rectangles about 3” by 1 ½ “. Mix 3 egg whites & 1 Tbs. water in a bowl. In another bowl, crunch up 1 C. Kashi High Fiber Cereal or cornmeal with ¼ tsp. garlic salt & 1 Tbs. herb seasoning. Dip each fishstick in egg mixture, then dip into crumb mixture. Bake on sprayed pan for 5 minutes at 375. Then flip sticks over.
2 bunches baby spinach
8 oz. sliced almonds
1 c. craisins
2 chopped apples,
1 lb. cooked & crumbled turkey bacon
1 ½ c. vegetable oil
¾ c. vinegar
¾ c. splenda
1 ½ tsp. poppy seeds
¾ tsp. dry mustard
1 purple onion very thinly sliced
Put dressing in a jar and let it “sit” overnight in the fridge.
1 pound lean hamburger or ground turkey
28 oz can diced tomatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
2 cups sliced carrots
2 cups sliced celer
2 quarts water
6 beef bouillon cubes
3/4 tsp thyme
1 bay leaf
2 tsp dried basil
3/4 tsp seat salt
1 tsp pepper
Brown hamburger, onion and garlic. Add remaining ingredients and simmer until vegetables are tender. Serve with whole wheat rolls. *Family size*
GREEK PASTA SALAD
1 package whole wheat pasta (penne or rotini)
2 small tomatoes, chopped
1 cucumber peeled and chopped
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 package turkey pepperoni
1/2 bottle light balsamic vinaigrette (we like Newman's Own)
Cook pasta according to the directions. Rinse with cold water,
Chop the veggies chunky style. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss well.